December 03, 2015

6 Staple Sweaters

Is anyone else in disbelief that it is December!? Although I am so excited for Christmas and the holiday season, December is what I consider the point of no return... at least in New England. It is officially winter and it will be for at least the next 4 months, so it is time to stock up on sweaters! I live in sweaters November-March and even into early April, so I have a decent sized collection. I went through my pile and picked out six of my favorite styles, with one of each you will be able to create so many different looks! 

The Cable Knit// I love a good cable knit sweater, they can be paired with virtually anything and come in such a wide variety of styles and colors. The texture of the sweater adds a very subtle pop to any look. 

V-Neck// Recently, I have become obsessed with this style. The over-sized or boyfriend fitted V-neck sweaters are so comfortable and chic. Pair it with denim or even leggings to create a simple but put together look. 

Cashmere// I think that every girl should have at least one cashmere sweater in her closet. I recommend narrowing down the style you love, and then selecting a neutral color like grey, tan, or black. This is going to be an investment piece, so you want to make sure that you can wear it as much as possible! 

Patterned// Finding the perfect patterned sweater can sometimes be difficult, but once you do it will a fun bold piece and spice up your wardrobe. 

The Cardigan// Cardigans can tie together an outfit so nicely. I have been loving the long and chunky cardigan trend recently, they are great for layering and are perfect to pair with a patterned shirt. 

Turtleneck// In the past year, turtlenecks have come back in style and it is definitely the best thing to happen in the fashion world. If you live somewhere chilly, the turtleneck is your best friend. You honestly feel like you are wearing a sweatshirt when you where them, but toss up you hair in a high pony and wear some cute flats, or boots and you will have a super chic outfit! I have this turtleneck linked in white and absolutely adore the tunic style! 

xoxo,
Catherine

Preppy by the Sea

1 comment :

  1. I have always been a big fan of cardigan sweaters, as they are not only extremely comfortable, but also easy to wear.

    ReplyDelete