December 08, 2015

Get into the Holiday Spirit


I am so excited for Christmas! We got our tree this past weekend and are going to decorate it this week, the wreaths are up and the lights are in the windows. It is officially the most wonderful time of the year! While school is in full gear at the moment, it is still one of my top priorities to actually get into the Christmas spirit. There are so many little things to do over the next 13 days. 

+ Drive around town// One thing that I absolutely love about my town is how beautiful it is at Christmas time. Every single house on the main street has little candles in the windows, lights on the trees and wreaths on the front doors. Taking a little time at night to drive around and look at festive decorations is one of my favorite things to do. 

+ Listen to Music// Christmas music is a beautiful thing, take advantage of it for the one month that you can. 

+ Baking// There are so many delicious holiday recipes to try out. Candy cane brownies, gingerbread houses, and sugar bookies are a few of my favorites. One of my friends has a cookie decorating party every year and it is definitely one of the highlight of my holiday season. 

+Yankee Swap// Yankee Swaps are a great way to get together with friends and exchange gifts. This style party is great because everyone leaves with something but you only have to buy one present! 

+ Shopping// With Christmas just around the corner, it is time to start shopping for your family and friends. I love going to get coffee (peppermint mocha #festive) with friends and then do some shopping together. You could also go into the city to shop and make a day out of it! 

+ Decorate the tree// Finally, my favorite part about the holidays! There is absolutely nothing I look forward to more each year than picking out the tree with my family and then decorating it. Sitting by the cozy fire and unwrapping all the ornaments is the best way to kick off the season.

xoxo,
Catherine

Preppy by the Sea

1 comment :

  1. Loving everything on this list! I did a similar post too and I just love the whole prepping for Christmas and Christmas season <3

    Jasmine | The Sixth Disney Princess

    ReplyDelete