December 02, 2015

Agenda Organization

I have been meaning to write this post for the past three years and somehow I never got around to it. Since freshman year, I have had a Lilly agenda and would never to back to anything else. My agenda is literally my saving grace throughout the school year. Writing down all of my assignments weekly, and having my longterm assignments in the monthly calendar keeps me organized and on top of dead lines. 


At the front of the agenda, I keep little sticky notes. I use these if I need to add notes to the weekly calendar that don't fit on the lines. Also, at the beginning of each month we have student council meetings. I keep the monthly calendars for that in the front pocket to keep track of events I have to help organize. 


My freshman year I don't think that I ever touched the monthly calendar, and honestly I'm not sure how I survived. Planning out my long term due dates and events is so helpful and helps me with time management throughout the month. I write each of my classes in a different color, same with personal events. The little sticky note in the corner is sort of a "key" for all the color coding. 


The weekly calendar is where I write all of my nightly homework. I put a check mark next to each class once I finish the assignment. I know a lot of people like to highlight when they are done, but I think this keeps everything neater. 


Finally, I uses the monthly calendars at the very beginning of the agenda for scheduling blog posts. I try to use this to stay ahead with scheduling and jot down any ideas if they come to me during school. Are you an avid agenda user as well?

xoxo,
Catherine

Preppy by the Sea

2 comments :

  1. I have never used the months at the front of the agenda, just because I use them at the beginning of each month, similarly to you! However, I have contemplated getting an entire different agenda for blogging but that just seems so excessive. This is the perfect solution and I'll definitely be doing this from now on!

    Carly June | cinciprep.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use the same exact agenda as you do right now :) I pretty much do the same thing with color-coding. But since I'm not in school and am just working, etc. I use the planning space to plan my blog posts.

    Jasmine | The Sixth Disney Princess

    ReplyDelete