July 12, 2015

Two


Two years, two bloggers, and 376 posts. 

We can not believe that today marks two years since we created Preppy by the Sea one July day on Cape Cod. Since then, blogging has developed into a true passion for the two of us and we have learned so much along the way. We want to give a special thanks to all of our readers, and to our photographers- our moms. Without them, Preppy by the Sea would never have seen the growth that it has seen in the last two years. 

With this blog anniversary, we thought that it would be fun to do a Q&A style post to give you the chance to ask us anything. We posted a picture on our Instagram (@preppybythesea) and Twitter (@preppybythesea) asking you to send us questions for this post. We selected a few of our favorites to answer! 

How did you meet?

We were both in the same first grade class and have been friends ever since!  

What is your favorite vacation place on the East Coast? 

Preppy by the Sea stresses our New England ties and we both have spent time in many different East Coast spots; however, our favorite would most definitely be Cape Cod. We both have grown up spending every summer on the Cape and actually have homes in the same town. There is nothing we love more than the beautiful beaches and quaint little towns. 

What is your favorite holiday to get dressed up for? 

Catherine: I love getting dressed up for Christmas. December in New England is such a magical time and I love getting to wear my dressier winter clothing. I also enjoy pulling out all of my red, white, and blue for the Fourth of July! 

Julianna: Easter is probably my favorite. I love wearing pastels and just light, bright colors in general. I'm not a fan of cold weather and to me Easter signifies spring and the beginning of warm weather to come!

Have you always had "preppy style"? 

Catherine: I would say that yes, I have pretty much always had a fairly preppy style- except for the awful Abercrombie years. My mom is pretty preppy, so when I was younger she dressed me in lots of Lilly and pink. Over the years I have developed my own sense of style that has branched from that and still remains relatively preppy. 

Julianna: I would also say yes. I have pictures of me when I was 3 or 4 years old in Lilly dresses. My style certainly isn't strictly preppy, I do like a more city chic look; however, judging from many of my posts, not too much has changed. 

What is your favorite season in fashion?

Catherine: Fall. I love the fall time, it is still warm out but you can start to wear light sweaters and a good pair of skinny jeans. The crisp air is so delightful and there are endless fashion possibilities. I also love summer fashion as summer is my favorite season and everything is so vibrant- plus everything looks better with a tan!

Julianna: This is such a toss up for me, but I think summer pulls through as the winner. I love bright colors, and light, pretty, dresses. I feel like summer clothes are the most diverse of any season. I love that you can wear anything from sweaters to shorts in the summer months.

What is your favorite type of post to write? 

Catherine: I love doing outfit posts. We are so lucky to live near so many different beautiful locations to shoot at, so it is exciting to find new spots that correspond perfectly with a specific look. Although they are more time consuming that creating a graphic, the end result is so satisfying.

Julianna: Of course I love outfit posts, it really is so much fun putting outfits together and taking great photos. Another type of post I've enjoyed making, although I haven't done many, are reading lists. I especially love getting book suggestions in the comments of these posts from our readers.

What are some tips you have for new bloggers/photography? 

This is probably our most frequently asked question that we get emailed about from people that want to start blogging. It imperative that you blog because you love doing it, not for compensation or free things. Also, "success" does not happen overnight, so it is important not to compare yourself to other bloggers as everyone moves at their own speed. Take the time to pick a name that you really love for the title because it will be staying with you for a long time and will essentially be your personal brand. As for photography, we are still both rookies with this one. I have a Canon Rebel T3i and and still figuring things out. Let us know if you would be interested in a separate post about advice for new bloggers, as after two years we have definitely learned a lot about the whole process.

Zodiac sign? 

Catherine: Sagittarius (November 27th)

Julianna: Scorpio (November 11th)

Have you ever thought about starting a YouTube channel? 

We love blogging and sharing everything through photos and writing, so we will probably not be joining the YouTube world. But then again, anything can happen!

What do you suggest wearing on the first day of school?

Catherine: I usually wear a casual dress and sandals or chino shorts and a nice blouse. I like to keep my first day look simple, but also have it represent me and my personal style.

Julianna: For the past few years I've worn chinos on the first day. In September, it's still pretty hot where we live, so I would go for a sleeveless top or something light. Casual sandals or flip flops are also a must.

We hope that you enjoyed this style post and if your question did not get answered, we will do another post like this again or feel free to send us an email! Thank you to every one who has supported Preppy by the Sea over the past two years.

xoxo,
Catherine and Julianna 

Preppy by the Sea 

3 comments :

  1. You two are so cute and so lovely! Congrats on your 2 year anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on two years of blogging! I love your outfit posts!

    The Life & Times of Belle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, loved getting to know you ladies a little more. Congratulations on your two years of blogging - can't wait to see where the next year will take you!
    xx, Mikkaela
    The Southwestern Prepster

    ReplyDelete