July 20, 2015

Europe Recommendations

One week from today, my family and I begin our adventure to Europe! I have never been abroad before, so naturally I am beyond excited for this trip. We will be spending 3 days in Rome, a week on the Amalfi Coast and a day in London. We have been planning the trip since the fall, so we we have a decent amount on our itinerary; however, if you have been to any of these places, I would love any kind of recommendation! With twelve days away, I am hoping to pack in as much as possible, and enjoy lots of delicious food and beautiful scenery. 


We are beginning our trip by flying into Rome and spending a few days there. I know that we will be going to the Colosseum, the Vatican, the Spanish Steps, and the Trevi Fountain. I would love to hear any food recommendations, as we have a bunch of the touristy things down :) 



The majority of the trip will be spend on the Amalfi Coast. I am looking forward to spending time in Positano and Capri and enjoying a little relaxation on the beautiful Mediterranean after being busy in Rome. My mom and I are hoping to take a cooking class and get to bring back a little taste of Italy to our kitchen. 


Finally, our trip will end with a whirlwind 24 hours in London. This is going to be very hectic, but I am so glad that I will have the opportunity to experience this gorgeous city. Visiting Buckingham Palace is my number one priority because who who doesn't want to see the home of the Royal Family!? What are your must-see spots in London along with great restaurants to check out on our quick stop by the city?  

xoxo,
Catherine

Preppy by the Sea 

*all photos via Pinterest*

2 comments :

  1. I have never been to Rome or the Amalfi coast, but have visited Tuscany two years ago. If you have a chance try the Aperol Spritz beverage (if you are not allowed to drink alcohol advise your parents, it is amazing)!

    When in London try to visit the Tower of London and see the Crown Jewels. Also try to visit The War Cabinets where the British cabinet resided during WWII. And when in Harrods go and see the food department, the tiling is amazing!

    And next time in Europe, come visit The Netherlands (and not just Amsterdam), there is so much to see!!

    Oh, and go to an official money exchange office and do not trade with someone on the street, do not give money to invalid beggars, it is all a scam! And keep a good eye on your belongings (put your money and such on your body, not in your backpack on your back).

    Have fun!!

    Sabine
    The Dutch Prep (thedutchprep.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your trip looks fantastic! The only place I've been that you're going is London, and it is by far one of my favorite places I have ever been!

    Definitely take a photo in front of the gate at Buckingham Palace and Westminster Abbey! It's amazing! Some of my other favorite places we visited in London were St. Paul's Cathedral, Fortnum and Mason (grocery store of the Queen! Incredible!), Covent Garden, Tower of London to see the Crown Jewels, Picadilly Circus and Trafalgar Square (magical at night). While you're in London, you must also have Indian food! It is their national dish next to fish and chips! Dishoom is the most famous but there are tons of great ones like Massala Zone, which is also next to the Royal Opera House and great shopping. I absolutely adore London and can't wait to go back. I wrote about my adventures in London here http://www.thepetitepearl.com/?p=231 and here http://www.thepetitepearl.com/?p=177 if you want to take a look. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

    Safe travels!
    Faith
    The Petite Pearl thepetitepearl.com

    ReplyDelete