July 03, 2015

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday everyone! Today officially kicks off my favorite weekend of the year, Fourth of July! I will be going to Rhode Island this weekend to stay with a friend and celebrate America's birthday! This past week has been so much fun and I can't wait for more fun ahead.

One: Snail Mail
Last saturday, my parents and I dropped off my little sister at sleep away camp for two weeks. You are not allowed to have access to phones or any other technology, so writing letters is the only was of communication. I also have a few friends that went back this year, so I picked up some candy to send in care packages. Letter writing is pretty much a lost art, however there is nothing better than cute stationary and receiving a hand written letter. I most likely write more letters in this month window than I will all year, but I absolutely love it! 

Two: The Beach
I went to the Cape this Monday to Thursday and enjoyed some beautiful beach days. Despite the frigid New England water, everything else was absolutely perfect. 

Three: Reading
I am the first to tell you that I am not a fan of reading, however in the past couple of months I have read a few really good books. I just finished Mindy Kaling's Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) and I loved it. Never have I found myself cracking up at a book, but oh my gosh she is hilarious! This is a quick read and would be a perfect beach read as well. I just started Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas and am flying though it. Julianna and two of my other friends recommended it to me and I am so glad that I am reading it! I am hoping by reading some intriguing page turners I will maybe be able balance out the essay style books I have to read for AP english this summer. Do you have any suggestions for a good beach read? 

xoxo,
Catherine 

Preppy by the Sea 

1 comment :

  1. Check out We Were Liars by E. Lockhart. It's really good!

    xoxo
    Alyssa
    Lotsoflys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete