July 26, 2015

Bruschetta

This summer, I've been on a major cooking kick. With so many fresh fruits and vegetables in season, I guess I've been inspired to make more delicious treats than usual. Last week, my mom needed an appetizer for a diner party she was attending, and asked me if I could do it for her. I was super excited and knew exactly what I was going to make. Bruschetta could honestly be my favorite food. I love anything with tomatoes and cheese, and the crunch from the toasted bread adds so much tastiness (if that's even a word). I also love how colorful this appetizer is. The contrasting green and red from the tomato and basil look so pretty against a bright white plate. Without further ado, here is is my recipe. 

Ingredients:
+ diced tomatoes
+ olive oil
+ garlic
+ balsamic vinegar 
+ balsamic vinegar glaze 
+ basil
+ herbed goat cheese spread
+ toasted french bread rounds (substitute: melba snacks)

I usually dice the tomatoes and put them in a bowl with a few tablespoons of olive oil and balsamic vinegar. I mix those ingredients together, and add a little garlic for flavor. After toasting the bread, spread about a half teaspoon of goat cheese on each round. Put a small spoonful of the tomato mixture on top. Thinly slice the basil and put a few pieces on top. Finish by taking the balsamic glaze (I use this as opposed to regular vinegar because it is thicker and not as messy) and putting a drizzle on top of each one. 





Hope you enjoy!
xoxo,
Julianna 

Preppy by the Sea

1 comment :

  1. This looks amazing! Definitely going to have to try this. Thanks for sharing.

    thesixthdisneyprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete