August 24, 2015

London

Ever since I can remember, I have had an obsession with London. Between the accents, the royal family, and the oh so cute telephone booths, everything has my heart. We landed at Heathrow at 9pm on Thursday and took off for Boston at 9pm on Friday, so was in and out in 24 hours but managed to see a decent amount of the city. I wish that I had more time to explore, but I guess that just means that I will have to go back, right?

Our hotel was right next to the Westminster Bridge, so when we walked across it to grab some breakfast we were able to get a glimpse at Big Ben. I can't even begin to explain how incredible Big Ben really is because I was in awe when I saw it! The architecture is amazing and it is HUGE! 

9:45 am: Tour of Buckingham Palace 
We started off the day with a tour of Buckingham Palace, this was the number one thing on my to-do list for the day and I am so happy that I had the opportunity to see the inside. The rooms are so elegant and grand, I would do anything to go to a party in the ball room (insert heart eyes emoji). Unfortunately there was no photography allowed inside but just imagine the chandeliers, elegant china and plush couches and chairs for the Queen. 




Harrods
Wow. I honestly don't know how else to describe Harrods because I have never seen such huge and lavish store in my entire life. Not only do they have every high end designer you could think of, but ball gowns, gourmet kitchens, champagne bars, an entire floor called "shoe heaven" and pretty much any other thing you could think of. If you are visiting London I suggest you check our Harrods because it is quite an experience. 

We walked around Westminster Abbey, but because the lines were huge and we were on a time crunch, I did not make it inside.


3:30 pm London Eye 
Although this is a super touristy thing to do, it was such a beautiful view of the city! I recommend getting the fast pass ticket because the lines were insane. Being so pressed for time, the London Eye gave us the change to at least see the entire city of London.

Compared to the consistent 100 degree weather in Italy, London was relatively cool. It was in the low 70s by the afternoon, so I wore my white jeans and a jean jacket. My converse were lifesavers as we did a TON of walking! 

Of course I had to get my tourist picture in :) 

Overall, my day in London was a complete whirlwind and I loved every second of it! It was so hard to leave, but hopefully I will have to chance to be back. 

xoxo,
Catherine

Preppy by the Sea

No comments :

Post a Comment