August 03, 2015

Rome(ing) Around







I arrived in Rome last Monday at 9:30 am. Running on 2 or 3 hours of sleep the jet lag was a bit rough, however we just powered through and began exploring around the beautiful city. I purchased this romper a few months ago for my trip as it is extremely hot in southern Italy in the summer. Rompers have been a big trend recently, but I had such a difficult time finding the perfect one. My legs are pretty long so they are often too short on me, however when I found this one at Old Navy it fit like a glove and I loved the pattern. The material is very light weight and it is easily packable making it perfect for any summer adventure! 

The night before I left I did some last minute shopping and purchased a pair of converse. I had been flirting with getting a pair for a while, but I did not think I could pull them off. I knew that I would be doing a ton of walking and sometimes sandals just don't work. For $50 they don't break the bank, but the quality is pretty good. I wore them all over Rome and Pompeii and never found myself complaining about my feet hurting. I often find myself resorting to fashion over functionality and regretting it, so this was a nice compromise. My brown tote from Old Navy has been my savior throughout this trip as it can fit my clunky camera and lots more. I loved every second of my first day in Rome, especially taking in the beautiful scenery and getting my first taste of the amazing Italian food! 

xoxo,
Catherine

Preppy by the Sea 



1 comment :

  1. Love this casual outfit on you - perfect for exploring and taking some artsy photos.

    thesixthdisneyprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete