August 14, 2015

Fall Fashion: This Year's Trends

via
One of my favorite things about this week was that the September issue of InStyle magazine arrived in the mail. It's kind of lame that I spend time pining over a magazine, but at nearly 500 pages, the fall fashion issue never fails to impress. I've subscribed to InStyle for probably 3 years now and it is definitely the best magazine I get. I love People for celebrity buzz, and I also subscribe to Self, but you honestly cannot beat InStyle when it comes to well-written fashion articles and learning about what's in (and what's out, for that matter). Last year, I remember flipping through the pages and seeing a lot of emerald green. This year, booties, minimalistic jewelry, and even something as simple as stripes seem to have taken over. Let me break it down for you...

+ Booties
I myself have been looking to buy a pair of black booties for a while now, and it seems there is no better time than the present to splurge. A little heel (1''or 2'') is a must, and don't be afraid to experiment with prints, buckles, or even laces
My picks: 1 | 2

+ Pendant Necklace
I've been seeing long necklaces everywhere and want in on the trend. I especially love the ones with tassels on the end (if they are tasteful, of course!) I personally like gold jewelry the best, but I've seen some really cool long, colorful, beaded chains that I really like.
My picks: 1 | 2

+ Plaid
Personally, I think plaid is timeless and not really a trend, but runway fashion says otherwise. I couldn't be happier that plaid is big this year, I think it is the perfect pattern to transition from fall into winter and it is generally very versatile.
My picks: 1 | 2 | 3

+ High Wasted Bottoms
I never used to be a fan of the high wasted look, but the trend has definitely grown on me. I think a pair of skinny jeans with a high waste can be a really chic look, especially with a full, flow top.
My picks: 1 | 2

Which trends are you into?
xoxo,
Julianna 

Preppy by the Sea

No comments :

Post a Comment