March 04, 2015

Say Goodbye to Stress

This week started off extremely stressful for me and has continued to stay that way. I spent my entire weekend working on notes for my history research paper and when I went to print it the formatting got all messed up and the printer broke. Long story short it took forever to fix and then I still had lots of other assignments to complete. Although this situation was the opposite of ideal, I (barely) managed to stay calm and it all worked out. As we are coming up on half way through or third term, I have noticed a significant increase in the work load, but at the same time I have a lot more motivation. With this, I have seen some positive results. The key to success is to eliminate stress. Hey, that kind of rhymes... my thoughts as I type this at 10:30. 

+Take a deep breath
I know this sounds so cliché and you may think that it is stupid, but honestly I think that it works. Take a second and really think, you may be overwhelmed and near tears but in the long run it will all work out. Tell yourself if will be fine and it will be.

+Plan Ahead
It may seem strenuous to take on small steps of a long term project each night, however you will thank yourself the night before it is due. When all of your friends are up until midnight and you get 8+ hours of sleep you will be able to have a more positive outlook on the rest of the week and not be too tired to be productive the next day. 

+Drink Tea
Tea is so calming. Chamomile is one of my favorites, but honestly I enjoy almost any kind. Try to drink decaf if it is at night so it does not effect your sleeping schedule. 

+Watch a show or have a conversation
Taking your mind completely away from the cause of the stress is probably one of the easiest ways to relax. If you are stressed by something school related watch a show, I suggest a quick and funny one like Friends. This way you can relax but also not get too side tracked. Sometimes when I am over my head I just like to go down to the kitchen and talk to my mom, whether it is about school or just random thoughts it is a nice way to take a break. If you are in college or boarding school, calling home or a friend is a nice way to stay connected and calm. 

+Work out 
Working out is such a great way to clear your head. I remember during cross country season my friends and I would alway talk about how by the end of practice we were able to totally forget about everything for a little while when running. Not only will you be able to relax, but you are also getting some good exercise and your body will thank you! 

How do you eliminate stress?

xoxo,
Catherine

Preppy by the Sea 




1 comment :

  1. My favorite was to de-stress would definitely be working out! I love that at the end of a long day, I can go to the gym and just focus on exercising. I even love the feeling after a workout, not so much the sweaty part, but I always feel refreshed and accomplished!

    Colleen | Buckeye Bliss

    ReplyDelete