March 06, 2015

Friday Favorites

Another week has come and gone. This was my first full week back at school since right after Christmas break because of all the snow storms that we have had in the past month. I have had a ton of projects and tests and have basically been glued to my desk for the entire week. I am so exited to just have a relaxing weekend. My friends and I go out to dinner most friday nights so I am definitely looking forward to that! 

One: Brunch
This Sunday I went to a town near mine to meet one of my closest friends from camp for brunch. We went to this adorable place right on the water and I enjoyed the best french toast with strawberries and whipped cream! Most of my closest camp friends live plane rides away, so unfortunately I do not get to see them that often. My friend Emily was visiting family near me so thankfully our paths crossed for a little bit and we got to catch up. If any of you have ever gone to sleep away camp than you most likely know that you form some of your closest friends there. It is so important to stay in touch with people that don't necessarily live near you, whether it's texting, face timing or planning a trip to visit them. 

Two: Flowers
As I talked about in my post earlier this week, flowers are one of my favorite things about spring. Although I still can't see out my kitchen window due to the enormous amount of snow, I am starting to get into the spring mode. I love tulips and they come in so many different variations of colors! Place your flowers in a mason jar for a simple and cute arrangement!

Three: Bright Colors
This past week the Lilly Pulitzer catalogue arrived at my house and has had me obsessing over bright colors. As much as I love a cute gray sweater, jeans and bean boots I am so over the dull and dreary color scheme. I have been trying to incorporate a little bit of color into my outfits while still keeping warm! 

What have you been loving this week?

xoxo,
Catherine

Preppy by the Sea 

1 comment :