March 28, 2015

Lilly Pulitzer for Target




As many of you probably know, Target announced that it would being doing a line with Lilly Pulitzer for the spring a few months ago. On Thursday they released a preview of the products that will be available to purchase as of April 19th. There is a wide variety of products from women's (and plus size), kids, home, accessories and beauty products all available in bold summer patterns! I think that they did a really great job with the collection and love most of the prints. Although I am thrilled to be able to purchase a Lilly dress for $36, I do have a few questions and hesitations about the line. I think that this will definitely benefit Target and is also a nice way to provide a more affordable line of Lilly Pulitzer, but for Lilly I'm not sure how smart of a move this was. The brand is known for their classic patterns and iconic preppy look worn by style icons such as Jackie Kennedy. I wore lots of Lilly shift dresses when I was little, then they were not as successful and within the past five-ish they have really made a comeback. People are loyal to the brand and are willing to pay $200+ for their clothing, but now for a limited time they will not have to.  Secondly, for only $36 or less for a dress I am wondering what the quality will be like. Despite my few minor hesitations, I am super excited to try out the line and can't wait for April 19. What are your thoughts on this collaboration? Will the release crash the Target website like the Endless Summer Sale? What are your favorite items? Happy Saturday!

xoxo,
Catherine

Preppy by the Sea 

No comments :

Post a Comment