January 02, 2017

2017 Goals

Happy New Year! I am so excited for 2017 as I know it will be a big one. In the next year I will graduate high school, move out of my childhood home, and start a new chapter of my life at college in North Carolina. Before I get into my goals for 2017, I want to reflect on my 2016 goals

Spend more time outside // I definitely made a big effort to spend a lot of time outside this past year.  I enjoyed many days on the beach, braved the cold and skied in Vermont and Colorado, and went hiking with my friends this fall in New Hampshire.  

Get out of my comfort zone // Over the past year my friends and I went on so many little adventures that I had never done before. However, I am keeping this on my list for 2017 as I want to continue to try new things and expand my horizons. 

Have a summer job // This past summer I worked at a restaurant on the Cape as a bus person and hostess. It was a great first job and way to have pretty flexible hours. 

Save at least 50% of my money // This one kind of relates to getting a job and I really followed through with this goal. I probably saved around 85% of the money I made over the summer. 

Try new recipes // I did a lot more cooking in 2016 and tried to share some of the recipes on the blog. See Valentine's Day CookiesHealthy Coconut Chocolate Chip CookiesFourth of July RecipesLemon Raspberry MuffinsDinner: Lemon Edition, Also obsessed with these chicken parmesan meatballs

My 2017 Goals

Make New Friends // I start college in August and will need to make all new friends. This is one aspect of college that is a little bit nerve wracking, however everyone is in the same situation. The last time that I was in a new place with no one I knew was when I was 11 years old and starting sleep away camp for the first time. Hopefully if I could figure it out after fifth grade I can do it at 18 years old :) 

Get out of My Comfort Zone // I am leaving my home state and going to college 750 miles away, so that in itself if a big change. I am excited to try new classes and join new clubs that will push me out of my comfort zone once I get to school. 

Avoid the Freshman 15 // This is kind of an obvious one, but I think it will push me to eat healthy and workout while at college. 

Enjoy Time at Home // My senior year is halfway over and I really want to enjoy my hometown and city before I leave. Although I am excited for change, I want to enjoy time with friends and family at home. 

Make the Most out of My Summer // This one kind of goes with the last one, but I want to spend as much time as possible with all my friends and family this summer. I also want to try and make a lot of money at my summer job before going to college. 

Spend Less Time on my Phone // This year I have spent too much time on my phone and I want to cut that habit back a little bit in 2017. One of the things on my 101 in 1001 list is to go a weekend without checking social media and I really want to check that off this year! 

xoxo,
Catherine

Preppy by the Sea 

No comments :

Post a Comment