January 17, 2017

Winter Workout Routine


Over the past few weeks I have finally started to get into a workout routine that works with my busy schedule. I don't do a winter sport, so figuring out how to get my exercise in is completely up to me- a nice change from cross country season. It can sometimes be difficult to get the motivation to go to the gym, especially during the chilly winter months. I'd be lying if I said there were not days when I would rather spend my free time in pajamas watching Gilmore Girls. Personally, I have found that planning out my workouts on Sunday night helps to combat laziness as you are mentally preparing to spend x amount of time at the gym or a workout class each day. 

Although my routine may change slightly each week, this seems to be the schedule I have been gravitating towards for a while now. I go to spinning on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and go to the gym on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I like going to spinning on Monday nights to kickstart my week, then on Wednesdays I go to a class where they use weights and work on both cardio and arm strength, and finally a 5:30 am class on Fridays so I don't have to worry about squeezing a workout just as I start my weekend. 

I just signed up for a half marathon, so I try to focus on running when I go to the gym. Right now I am doing 3-4 miles on the treadmill, however if the weather is nice I will go on a longer run outside. One of my goals for the next couple of months is to get better about lifting weights/arm exercises. I tend to put a lot of my focus on legs and abs at the gym and need to try and even it out a little bit. Let me know if there are any arm exercises you love! As for the weekends, I am usually skiing and thus am not following a workout plan. What workouts have you been doing recently?

xoxo,
Catherine

Preppy by the Sea 

1 comment :