January 25, 2017

Life Lately


Hello! I'm back from a much needed few days off from blogging while I was studying for my midyear exams. Life has been pretty crazy lately, so I though I would let you know what I have been up to in a simple and fun post.

1. Exams are over and I have today off!

2. I'm officially a second semester senior!! (crazy, right!?)

3. I made these Paleo nut bars and they are amazing

4. I went to the movies... twice

Patriots Day: I vividly remember the day of the Boston Marathon bombing, so this movie was incredibly surreal to watch. There were scenes that were very difficult to watch, however I think that they did a good job recreating the events in a realistic, honest, and respectful manner. Although the film is dark, and the events that occurred on that day will always be incredibly sad and disturbing, they did an amazing job capturing the spirit and unity of Boston that was definitely felt after the attacks. I recommend this movie to everyone, but especially to those from the Boston area as it is a topic so close to home, both literally and figuratively.

Lala Land: On a more upbeat note, I saw Lala Land over MLK weekend and really enjoyed it. I was a bit skeptical of the idea of a musical, however the music was upbeat and catchy and went well with the plot. I am excited to see if it receives any awards!

5. John Mayer just released wave one of his new album and I have been listening to it on repeat for the past week. My two favorites are You're Gonna Live Forever in Me and Moving on and Getting Over!

6. Expect an exciting post about my teeth whitening experience with Smile Brilliant in the next week.

7. I went a month without going to Starbucks/Dunkin and checked that off my 101 in 1001 (only 74 to go).

8. Lauren Graham's book has been my go-to read recently... Also, I'm almost done with Gilmore Girls!!

9. My friends and I are going shopping today. I have a Sephora gift card... any product recommendations?

10. I'm off to Boston tomorrow for four days to attend a Model UN conference with my school!

xoxo,
Catherine

Preppy by the Sea 




3 comments :

  1. Every single blogger is talking about La La Land. I need to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you seemed to enjoy Patriots Day it is on my list! After living in Boston for years it hits home. Enjoy your day off!
    xo elle // https://splashofpreppy.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a second semester senior too and I'm SO excited! I definitely want to see LaLa Land soon!

    xoxo,
    Katie
    chicincarolina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete