November 14, 2016

Dinner: Lemon Editon








Yesterday my family was gone for the day and wasn't coming back until dinner time. I had an urge to cook dinner and was in the mood for something light, but not salad. After starting my day off at spinning, I went to Trader Joe's in hopes that something would catch my eye. When I first walked in stalks of brussels sprouts were on display and I decided that they would be really yummy with a lemon twist. Then I stumbled upon lemon pepper and knew I could make something super flavorful. The chicken was absolutely amazing, I let it sit in the fridge for bout 4 hours before cooking it (hence the awful lighting in the picture of the final product.. thanks again daylight savings) which allowed to absorb more of the lemon juice and maximize the flavor. The whole things probably took me an hour to prepare just because of all the lemon zesting/squeezing, but it was totaly worn it! I added a little bit of rice for a carb which was delicious with the juice from the chicken! 

Chicken 
chicken (2.1 lbs serves 4-5 people) 
1/4 c olive oil
1/3 c white cooking wine
2 tablespoons minced garlic 
1 teaspoon thyme
lemon pepper (use as much/little as you like) available at Trader Joe's
A shake or two of salt 
2 tablespoons lemon juice
lemon zest from 2 lemons 

Preheat oven to 400 degrees 
Heat olive oil + minced garlic on medium/low heat for one min
Add in lemon juice, lemon zest, thyme, salt 
por mixture over chicken
add lemon pepper on top
cook for 43-45 min depending on thickness of chicken 
(loosely based on this recipe)

Brussel Sprouts 
1 stalk of Brussels sprouts
Olive oil
2-3 Lemons for juice 
Lemon pepper 

Preheat oven to 375 degrees
cut brussels sprouts in half and toss with lemon juice + lemon pepper in a large bowl
place on baking sheet
drizzle on olive oil and additional lemon pepper 
Cook for 40 min (move around every 15 min so they cook evenly) 
Add additional lemon juice half way though cook time

Let me know if you give this dinner a try!

xoxo,
Catherine 

Preppy by the Sea

1 comment :

  1. Wow, this sounds delicious! I'll have to try this recipe out. Thank you for sharing! :)

    Kendal // Life With Kendal

    ReplyDelete