January 03, 2016

2016 Goals

Personally, I am not the biggest fan of New Year's resolutions. People often times make unrealistic resolutions (including myself) that they don't follow through with, and typically only make one. So, I like to set a few goals for the year that will motivate me and can likely be achieved. Last year I wrote a 2015 Goals post and found myself referring back to it throughout the year. First, I wanted to quickly reflect on last years goals and then talk about what I would like to do this year! 

Travel- If I had to describe 2015 in one word it would be adventurous. I am so thankful for all the amazing opportunities I had this past year. In April my family went down to florida to enjoy some much needed sun after the most horrendous winter ever. In May I flew down to Washington, D.C. to visit with one of my best friends from camp. My friends and I went on lots of local adventures to the Cape, Martha's Vineyard, and Nantucket. Then in July, my family and I went to Europe for two weeks. This was the highlight of my year without a doubt and I hope I will have the chance to go back because Italy was seriously the most breathtaking place I have ever been.

Spend less, save more- In 2014 I spent way too much money and knew that was something I needed to change. I am so proud of my habits in the past year, I did way less shopping and saved majority of my money. In september I paid for part of my car which was very rewarding. 

Publish 225 blog posts- check! 

Become more camera savvy- I definitely improved on my camera skills in 2015, however Julianna and I were just talking about how that is something we really want to continue to work on in 2016! 

Get a summer job- The summer of 2015 was extremely hectic and I did not end up getting a job. Although I did a bunch of babysitting, getting a summer job is back on my list for this summer and I am going to make it happen! 

2016 Goals

Spend more time outside- Last year I spent way too much time on my computer binge watching Netflix and that needed to change. I am so much happier when I am outside skiing, running, relaxing at the beach, or walking around the city!

Get out of my comfort zone- I am a somewhat reserved person and would like to see my self take a step out of my comfort zone in 2016. I was a bit more adventurous and spontaneous in 2015 than in past years but I want to continue to branch out. 

Have a summer job- see 2015 reflections

Save at least 50% of my money- As I said earlier, I have been really into saving throughout the past year. I leave for college in a year and a half and would like to see my bank account in a solid position by the time that rolls around. 

Try new recipes- I enjoy cooking, but I have not really expanded my horizons beyond baking. I think that not only will experiencing with new recipes be fun, but it could also help me eat a little bit healthier in the new year! 

What are your goals for 2016? 

xoxo,
Catherine

Preppy by the Sea

No comments :

Post a Comment