January 21, 2016

Exam Week


This week marks the beginning of one of the most dreaded times of year, exams. Today and tomorrow I have my French and science exams, Monday I have AP Lang (send help), Tuesday is math and U.S. History, and finally Wednesday finishes up with economics. I always find midyear exams to be more difficult than finals because the content is much more detailed and specific. Although most schools finished all their tests before Christmas break I thought I would still share a few of my study tips! Just remember the three S's, sleep, study guides, and staying after!

Sleep// Overhearing conversations in the halls about people staying up until 2 or 3 in the morning makes me nervous for them. The chances of actually retaining information from the late hours of studying are very slim. It is so much more effective to call it quits by 11 and still have a few terms you are iffy on. During the exam you will be well rested and ready to go. 

Study Guides// At this point, majority of my teachers do not provide us with study guides. Going through old notes and creating your own study guide will help you figure out what you know and what you need to know. Also, having this on your computer will be super helpful when finals roll around. For language classes or any exams you know will be vocal heavy, make a quizzlet! 

Stay After// If there are certain sections you are still a little bit confused about, go in and meet with your teacher. This easy step will show your teachers that you have been studying and want to do well- they may even give you a few extra study hints! 

xoxo,
Catherine

Preppy by the Sea

No comments :

Post a Comment