September 13, 2016

Recipe: Lemon Raspberry Muffins




Last Tuesday I hosted a breakfast before our first day of school. On the first day of senior year everyone wears their senior shirts, decorates cars, and typically does something early in the morning to take pictures. My love for breakfast food has quite frankly become a running joke amongst my friends, so naturally I volunteered to have the senior breakfast at my house. Cooking pancakes or waffles at 6:00 am for a bunch of people seemed like too much of an undertaking, so I decided to make coffee cake, and these lemon raspberry muffins the night before. My all time favorite muffin is a lemon poppyseed raspberry one at a bakery on the cape, so I wanted to make something along those lines. This recipe was super easy to make, and they're not that bad for you (182 calories). The muffins freeze well, so if you want to save some for later that's a great option as well! 

Ingredients 
1 lemon
1/2 cup of sugar
1 cup nonfat buttermilk
1/3 cup canola oil
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup white whole wheat flout
1 cup all purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt 
1 1/2 cups of fresh or frozen raspberries 

Directions
1. Preheat over to 400 degrees, spray muffin pan or insert liners

2. Zest lemon. Put zest and sugar in food processor, then add buttermilk, egg, oil, and vanilla. Pulse until blended. 

3. Mix white whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, baking power, baking soda, and salt in large bowl. Mix in wet ingredients from food processor. Fold in raspberries ( I used a little more raspberries in mine because I like mine to have a lot of fruit in them). 

4. Pour batter into muffin pan and bake for 20-25 min. 

xoxo,
Catherine

Preppy by the Sea

1 comment :

  1. Looks really yummy! Definitely making soon.
    XO
    https://splashofpreppy.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete