November 16, 2015

Keeping Up With Your Friends

This year, none of my close friends are in any of my classes. Once you are upperclassmen at my school, there are so many more classes available to take, thus making the chances of being in class with your friends a lot slimmer. Despite the fact that I really only see my friends in the halls and at lunch, we have done a great job of making plans every weekend to hang out or do something after school if we are not completely flooded with work. It really only just hit me that we only have a year and a half before we all leave and go to college at different places. Taking advantage of any opportunity you have to be with your fiends is so important, so I thought I would talk about a few of our favorite things to to together!

+Go to a Workout Class
My friends and I have gotten hooked on spinning classes in the past six moths or so. We always go on saturday or sunday morning, and sometimes to a night class after school. Spinning classes are so fun, the music is amazing and you get such a great workout. As much as I love running with my friends, this is such a different experience, plus as the weather gets colder indoor classes are your best friend.

+Coffee Dates
I am a self-proclaimed coffee addict, and most of my friends are as well. Whether you just stop by at Starbucks, or you have a favorite local coffee shop this is a great way to chat and catch up. Getting a cup of coffee is much quicker than going out to breakfast (although we love to do that as well) and you can swing by during any time of day.

+Go to the Library or Bookstore
If you want to get out of your house, but still be productive, going to the library or bookstore is perfect. You can get your homework done in a relaxing atmosphere and have some company. Also, if you are taking the same classes you can work together or help each other study.

+Rent a movie
Sometimes there is nothing more appealing than staying in on a friday or saturday night with a bunch of your best friends to watch a movie. There are so many awesome movies on iTunes! Bake some cookies and pop some popcorn and I guarantee you will have a super fun night!

+Attend School Events
Going to soccer and hockey games is really popular at my school. Sports games are a great way to get together with a ton or your friends and show some school spirit! Also, we have found that doing community service events together is a lot of fun. It may not be your conventional get together but volunteering at your local food pantry, or helping organize events is actually so much fun and you will feel good about giving back to the community!

What are your favorite things to do with friends?

xoxo,
Catherine

Preppy by the Sea



No comments :

Post a Comment