October 30, 2015

Friday Favorites

TGIF! This week has been a long one and I am happy to finally see the weekend again! This was my first full week post cross country, which was really weird. I was in such a routine, wake up, go to school, xc practice, do homework, sleep and repeat, and now I feel like I need to completely readjust. I don't do a winter sport at school, so I am now relying on self motivation to hit the gym or go for a run! I don't really have any big plans for Halloween this year, but I will definitely be indulging in my favorite candy with friends! Also, if you are in need of a cute last minute DIY costume check this post! Anyways, here are a few of my favorites from this week!  

One: Boston
Last Saturday my mom and I went into the city for the day. With all the chaos of school, it was nice to enjoy some one on one time with my mom. We walked around Beacon Hill and the Public Garden and then did a little bit of shopping on Newbury Street. After we finished our shopping, we met my dad and sister in the North End for dinner, pastries and coffee. I always love getting out of my town and into the city every once and a while, as it is nice to see a change in the atmosphere. 

Two: Hunters
This week we had a few rainy days and I was able to pull out my hunters for the first time this fall! I have had this pair for two or three years and absolutely love the color. Surprisingly, green goes with practically everything and they add a subtle pop of color. 

Last week, I was reading Fran's blog and came across the recipe for these pumpkin bites! I love all things pumpkin and knew that I had to give them a try. In the past week I have made two batches, they're that good! I also substituted peanut butter for pumpkin and they were delicious as well! 

xoxo,
Catherine

Preppy by the Sea

No comments :

Post a Comment