January 25, 2016

Winter Shoes

I am a big shoe person, however during the winter months I find myself sticking to a few basic and practical pairs. As much as I would love to wear cute and stylish footwear, New England winters have won the battle. I narrowed down my collection to just five shoes (all under $175) that can easily get you through the next few months.

L.L. Bean Moccasins// I have had these for a while now, but I am just realizing how practical they really are. These are great to just slip on if you need to quickly run out of the house as they are waterproof and pretty warm with a good pair of socks. They also look great with jeans when you cuff the bottoms. 

Ugg Moccasins// My friends got these for my for my birthday back in Novemeber and they have quickly become an all time favorite. I don't know about you but there are some days when I just really miss uggs. Despite the fact that they were incredibly ugly, they were seriously they coziest shoe ever. These moccasins are the perfect compromise, plus they are a heck of a lot cuter! The rubber bottoms make them just as good outside as they are inside as slippers. 

Black Booties// These are the only really "trendy" piece to make my list. For the days you want to look a bit more dressed up, booties are great and they keep your feet way warmer than a flat. I wear mine all the time with jeans and a sweater, but you can also wear them with a dress or skirt.

Sorel Snow Boots// If you live somewhere that gets very cold and snowy during the winter and are looking for a great snow boot, this boot is the answer. They are a bit pricer (around $170), but I have worn them plenty of time in sub-zero weather and have never had cold feet. 

Bean Boots// You know what they say, save the best for last! I honestly don't know if I could survive a winter without my bean boots, they are the perfect everyday boot for snow or rain. Mine are on their fourth New England winter and are still in great shape. I know that they are currently backordered, but if you order them now you can still have them for the last few weeks of winter and will be  prepared for next year! 

What are your favorite winter shoes?

xoxo,
Catherine

Preppy by the Sea

No comments :

Post a Comment