January 06, 2016

4 Products I'm Loving



This Christmas I asked for a few new beauty products, as somehow it has been over two years since I have really purchased any makeup. Over the past two weeks I have used these four products to death and know that I will continue to get a ton of use out of them. I am definitely a makeup minimalist, however when I do buy new products I tend to lean towards nicer brands as I know they are great quality and will last me a long time. 

brush// This present was actually a complete surprise on Christmas morning. My dad bought one for my mom, my sister, and me after he heard someone at work raving about them. All my brushes in the past have been super cheap from CVS or Target and I would never have purchased this for myself, but I am not so glad I have it. You can really tell the difference when you use it after showering and is definitely worth the money. 

perfume// I have been using my Daisy by Marc Jacobs since 8th grade (I still love it) and wanted to try out something new. The Tory Burch perfume has been all the rage in the blogging community so I wanted to give it a try. The scent is kind of a citrus and floral combination and smells amazing. Whenever you try out a perfume, I recommend going for the rollerball, they are significantly less expensive and easy to take on the go!

concealer// Investing in a good concealer is one of the best makeup decisions I have made. I love my Laura Mercier secret camouflage conceler and have used it every day for the past couple of years. I like how their are two different shades to blend together to perfectly match your skin tone. I borrowed this NARS concealer from a friend once and loved it. This one has a bit higher coverage and would be great if you get bags under your eyes.

sugar chapstick// My lips get insanely chapped during the winter and I find myself constantly putting on chapstick throughout the day. When I was Christmas shopping, one of my friends started raving about the sugar products. I honestly think I have tried every lip product under the sun, and this is one of my favorites. It keeps your lips hydrated for hours and the lemon flavor is amazing!

xoxo,
Catherine

Preppy by the Sea

1 comment :

  1. I am totally going to have to try that roller ball! Amazing blog post as always!

    ReplyDelete