January 15, 2016

What to Pack for a Ski Weekend





A few weeks ago I posed a picture of the mountain I ski at on Instagram and got a request to do a what to pack for a ski weekend posted. I have talked about this before but my family goes to Vermont every weekend to ski, so I guess I would consider myself a seasoned pro at packing. Martin Luther King weekend is always a popular weekend to head up north to ski, so I thought I would publish this just in time for the weekend. For the most part, you will be on the slopes or just lounging around, so packing a bunch of everyday clothes is not a necessity. I broke the packing up into a few categories to make the process as simple as possible!

+ For the Slopes 
When you are packing, plan on most of the things you bring to be worn while skiing. A pair of leggings (can be worn at night with a cute sweater), a pulloverunder armor, a vest, and ski socks layered together will keep you warm and computable throughout the day!

+ Outerwear 
Obviously it is going to be fairly chilly on the mountain, so having good outerwear is very important. Pack a warm and waterproof jacket, snow pants, and gloves or mittens. 

+ Equipment
There is a ton of equipment required to successfully hit the slopes, so you don't want to forget anything. If you do not ski frequently, going to the mountain or local ski shop to rent equipment is definitely the more inexpensive way to go. There are so many variations of all the equipment, so depending on your ability and your preferred terrain you will have different styles. Before skiing make sure to have skis, poles, a helmet, goggles, and boots!

+ Après Ski
I always pack a pair of jeans and a sweater for weekend ski trips. Most restaurants are very casual so there is no need to pack any super fancy clothes. As for shoes I bring my bean bootssnow boots, and moccasins. Throw a book in your bag incase you have some down time- I'm reading Mindy Kaling's new book right now and highly recommend it! 

+ Random 
There are a few random things that I can't go without for a ski weekend. Bring lotion and chapstcik because the cold weather will dry your ski out so much. Also, pack some hand/toe warmers- you will thank me if you hit some super chilly weather, or lots of wind! 

Let me know if you're going on a ski trip this weekend!

xoxo,
Catherine

Preppy by the Sea

4 comments :

  1. I'm going skiing in March! Thanks for the tips! Love the blog!
    Keep it up :)

    Taylor Anthony // College, Caffeinated

    www.collegecaffeinated.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always struggle with what to pack when I go up to my mountain house! Thank you for this!

    adeleisabelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is your tote from LL Bean? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where's that duffle bag from? I love it! Thanks for the tips.

    ReplyDelete