February 27, 2015

Friday Favorites

I am so happy that it is finally Friday, the week after break always seems to drag on and this was no exception. However, I am still shocked that this is the last week of February. This month was the month of snow storms and completely flew by! Because of this, I have had my mind of spring. I made quite a few purchases online that I can't wait to wear once the snow starts to melt! Balancing school and blogging this week has unfortunately been kind of a struggle, so sorry that there was no post up on Thursday. Anyways, here is what I have been loving this week!

One: Mindy Kaling's Book
Over break and this past week, I have really tried to read. My life is so crazy that I never really have the time to just sit down and read and when I do have the time, I would rather watch Netflix or write blog posts. Honestly, I am not that into reading which is bad and something I would like to work on this year.  Mindy's book, Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (and Other Concerns) is freaking hysterical. If you have ever watched the Mindy Project or happen to follow her on Twitter, than I am sure you are well aware of her great sense of humor. If you are looking for a light and super funny read I highly suggest checking this out!

I am very particular about my sneakers. Before starting cross country, I really went more for comfort than style, as I knew support and stability would be important for long distance. I ended up buying the Women's GEL-Cumulus 16 Running Shoe. These were the perfect sneaker for me and I would highly recommend them for anyone who does a lot of running. Before purchasing these Nike Free Run 5.0 sneakers, I knew that I wanted a light pair to wear mostly for lazy day outfits, running errands or for golf (if I am not wearing golf shoes). I fell in love with this color combination and they were on sale! I have had this style of sneaker in the past and they are great for everyday use, but personally I do not like them for running. I got my first pair for lacrosse in seventh or eighth grade and they hurt my ankles really badly. Anyways, this pair is great and I recommend them, but definitely try them on first to get a feel for them on you. Everyone has different preferences and may like sneakers for different reasons! 

Three: My Second Roxbox Set 
I loved everything about my first box, however my second set is AMAZING! I love this Loren Hope bangle, along with the fun statement studs! My favorite piece was a dainty gold tube necklace from Gorjana that I purchased and can't wait to style! Use the code 'preppybytheseaxoxo' to get your first month for free! 

xoxo,
Catherine

Preppy by the Sea 

2 comments :

  1. Mindy Kaling's book is hilarious, I literally laughed out loud when I read it. Have a great weekend!

    Ellen | A Pop of Pink

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually just got rid of my Nike Frees. They were adorable but didn't provide enough stability. :/


    I currently am giving away a custom monogram hair bow on my blog - anyone who is interested should check it out! :)

    Western Prep

    ReplyDelete