February 23, 2015

Favorite Looks | Oscars 2015

There are no awards that I love more than the Oscars. Watching all the actresses walk down the red carpet in stunning designer gowns is amazing, so I though that I would share a few that really stood out to me. Honestly, I hope that someday I will get to go to an event where I can wear a long gown and get all dressed up! Let's be real, who wouldn't want to be decked out in jewels and work with some of the biggest names in the designer world to design your own floor length gown? I have not seen American Sniper or Wild, however they look great and I am hoping to see them win something. There were not a lot of looks that I didn't like this year, so I narrowed it down to my top six. What were your favorite movies this year and what were your favorite looks seen on the red carpet? 

Gwyneth Paltrow 
Oh my gosh, I think that this is my favorite look of the night. I love the blush pink! The one shoulder with the rose is stunning, along with the soft neckline. She looks so pretty in this silhouette and her jewelry is a nice contrast to the simple and feminine look. 

Reese Witherspoon
Reese is by far and away my all time favorite actress, I mean after all Legally Blonde is one of the best movies and she has such a fun and bubbly personality! I adore her style in general and this dress is so pretty. I love the black and white. It is so simple yet very elegant. The neckline is very unique and flattering. 

Lupita Nyong'o 
This dress is beautiful, covered in 6,000 pearls you really couldn't miss it! The top of this dress is stunning, the halter neckline and little cutouts add a modern touch to a very elegant and modest look. I love how simple and natural looking Lupita's makeup was, along with her tasteful jewelry. 

Dakota Johnson 
Forget 50 Shades of Grey, Dakota Johnson looks gorgeous in red! Okay, this dress is so, so amazing. I love the structure of the top, along with the beading on one shoulder. The bold red lip looks great with the dress and her eyebrow game is so strong :) 

Anna Kendrick 
As Julianna was saying last week, coral is such a great color and she really pulls off this dress. The flowy bottom and jeweled neckline adds a very feminine touch. Her hair looks so pretty and her eye makeup is simple and stunning. 

Kerry Washington
How could I not include the scandal goddess, Olivia Pope aka Kerry Washington!? This dress is so fun and unlike anything else on the red carpet! The peplum top and textured bottom of this off white gown look great together. When she was interviewed, her fun personality really shined through as she talked about how much she loves her dress because its great to "shimmy" in :) 

xoxo,
Catherine

Preppy by the Sea 

No comments :

Post a Comment