December 17, 2014

Styling Red & Green

We are counting down the days until Christmas and what better way to get ready than styling some red and green!? Today we are doing a collab post with Mary Kate from The Prep Nxt Door to share some of our more casual, yet still festive, holiday looks. Pairing red and green together can sometimes get a little overwhelming... unless you are going for the full on tacky Christmas sweater look. We think the easiest way to accomplish this is to select one color as the main focus and add a little pop of the other with jewelry or accessories. Both Julianna and I opted for a more red look. 

I was in Vermont last weekend when I took the photos for this post, so don't mind the excessive amounts of snow in the background. Unfortunately, the lighting was horrible and I only came out with three decent photos. Sorry! 

I ordered this cabernet colored cable knit sweater at the end of the summer from J. Crew Factory. Last weak I unearthed it from my bottom less sweater drawer (sweaters definitely my weakness) and wore it to school and again this weekend #sorrynotsorry. Unfortunately, it sold out on their website but you can still find lots of similar sweaters that are oh so cozy like this one! 

Is anyone else shocked about bean boots being backordered on L.L. Bean until March? I got mine three years ago and wear them practically everyday from Decemeber-March. If you are hesitant about waiting, don't be! I would order them, in fact last year the same thing happened and my sister's were backordered but they came a month earlier than expected! 

 sweater- J. Crew Factory (sold out) similar | Jeans- Joe's Jeans | Scarf- Forever 21 | Boots- L.L. Bean | Socks- J. Crew (old) similar

I received this dress from Anthropologie for my birthday and am completely obsessed with it. It's a perfect winter color and a great dress for the holiday season (even though it is sleeveless :). Although I'm wearing a dress, I still consider this to be a fairly casual and comfortable holiday look.

What's a better sign of Christmas than holly?

I also love that the skirt is somewhat full and the length isn't that short. I like that it's different from the dresses that you always see on department store shelves. Sometimes theres a better alternative to short and tight.

How cute is this neckline!?
Dress- Anthropologie (check local store, not online) | Boots- Frye

Make sure to check out Mary Kate's post here for more holiday inspiration! 


xoxo,
Catherine and Julianna 

Preppy by the Sea 

3 comments :

  1. I absolutely love all the outfits! Perfect for the holidays!

    Michaela || The Monogrammed Midwesterner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving that plaid skirt!

    xoxo
    lawfullysassy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great outfits! I really love that red dress, especially for Christmas parties!
    xo, Scarlett
    The Trendy Chick

    ReplyDelete