December 15, 2014

Christmas Music

One of my favorite parts of the holiday season is the music. The magic of Christmas truly comes alive with happy songs and sing-alongs accompanied by family and friends. I especially love the radio stations that dedicate December to Christmas music; they literally are bottomless pits of holiday cheer! Although I love almost all of the Christmas songs on the radio, there are a few classics and new favorites that I get especially excited about when I hear them play. Artists may put their personal twist on Christmas music, but the same joyous holiday theme is expressed through them all, and that is my favorite part.

via Pinterest
1. All I Want For Christmas Is You- Mariah Carey
I own the entire Mariah Carey Christmas album and can assure you it plays on loop throughout the month of December. This is definitely a Christmas classic and I've never heard any rendition better than Mariah Carey's. Doesn't it make you want to get up and dance?

2. Little Drummer Boy- Pentatonix
I know a cappella is not for everyone, but whether you are a fan or not, this version of Little Drummer Boy is the best I've heard. It's a classic song with a modern twist, definitely worth a listen; I still get chills from the harmonizing!

3. Last Christmas- Taylor Swift
Maybe not the most popular or well known of my picks, but Taylor Swift's Last Christmas is definitely a happy, feel good Christmas song. I love this song and I love Taylor Swift; together they're a match made in heaven!

4. Step Into Christmas- Elton John
This is my mom's favorite Christmas song and her obsession has rubbed off on me. Whenever it's on the radio, we play it full blast and sing as loud as we can. Step Into Christmas always gets played at family Christmas parties and is another that I can't help but dance to.

5. The Christmas Song- Nat King Cole
Last but certainly not least, The Christmas Song is far and away my favorite Christmas song. Probably one of the most well known Christmas jingles, I find it to be relaxing and the lyrics capture the atmosphere of Christmas. Sometimes you just can't beat the classics, and this is most definitely an example.

What's your favorite Christmas song? Did I miss any well-deserving candidates?

xoxo,
Julianna

Preppy by the Sea 

1 comment :

  1. The Mariah Carey Christmas songs are my absolute favorite ever!! But I do love Taylor's "Last Christmas." I have the Jessica Simpson Christmas CD, as well, and I highly recommend it!

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete