January 11, 2014

Styling Bean Boots


Bean Boots are probably my favorite shoe for the winter. Living in New England, the weather is very crummy, last week we had over 2 feet of snow and today it is warm and raining. Bean Boots look so cute and are extremely practical. I got mine last year for Christmas, this year they seemed to become extremely popular, selling out on L.L. Bean. So many people received them for the holidays so, I decided to do a post on how to style them with all different outfits! I recently read a blog post on Prep Avenue (definately check her blog out, so many cute pictures and ideas!) The post was a tutorial on how to tie your bean boots and it looks so cute (pictured below). 


Outfit 1- A More Dressy Look 
Pairing Bean Boots with a sweater dress looks so cute. This dress from J. Crew Factory is the perfect dress for a lazy day, it's so warm and the striped pattern is adorable! I find that dresses are so easy, pairing them with a statement necklace is so quick and it looks like you put a lot of effort into your outfit. 

Longchamp bags are perfect for anywhere, I refer to mine as "the bottomless pit" because I can fit so much into it!


This tortoise shell necklace has been one of my favorite accessories this fall/winter 


Dress- J. Crew Factory (Sold Out) Similar at Vineyard Vines
Necklace- Rule La La Similar Here
Bracelet- J. Crew Factory (Sold Out) Similar Here
Socks-REI
Boots-L.L. Bean


Outfit 2- The Everyday Look
This outfit is a typical outfit that I would wear to school everyday. I love wearing skinny jeans with my Bean Boots because I can tuck them into a pair of socks (my favorite are the J. Crew Camp Socks) to keep my feet warm and have a pop of color. 


This shirt from Lilly Pulitzer is so versatile for any time of year, it will look so cute in the summer and provides pop of color and a cute pattern for the winter. 

Every once and a while I find something super cute at Forever 21 and this sweater is one of my favorite purchases from there. I am obsessed with the scalloping and the cute little buttons.

Here is how I tied my Bean Boots, it looks adorable and is so much easier to get them on and off! Thanks Shannon! 

Sweater- Forever 21(Old) 
Shirt- Lilly Pulitzer, sold out online check local store 
Socks-REI
Monogrammed Necklace-Etsy
Bracelet- J. Crew Factory (Sold Out) Similar Here
Boots-L.L. Bean



Outfit 3- The Casual Look 
The Frat collection is my absolute favorite for lazy days, the T-shirts are so comfortable and the pockets  allow you to make your shirt unique. Leggings and Bean Boots are the perfect winter combination for running errands on the weekend, lounging around après ski or just hanging out with friends. 


A baseball hat is the perfect way to cover up a bad hair day and still look cute! 


I love the Madras pocket is perfect, it matches everything because of all the colors. 


I'm not going to lie, I wear leggings to school almost every friday because I leave to go to Vermont right after school (the four hour drive can be long so, I want to be comfortable) Smart wool socks are so warm and I love this striped pattern! 

Shirt- The Fraternity Collection (I got "The Carter" pocket and the shirt color is "Gulf Tides") 
Leggings-Lululemon
Earrings-Kate Spade
Boots- L.L. Bean

xoxo.
Preppy by the Sea 

11 comments :

  1. What size shirt did you get for your fraternity collection shirt?? It looks perfectly oversized

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still unsure on my frat shirt sizing.. How tall are you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am 5'6" and I'm wearing a medium in this post, it is a bit over sized. I also have a frat collection shirt that is a size small that is more fitted!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you wearing the 6 inch or 8 inch boots? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bean Boots are probably my favorite shoe for the winter. Living in New ... sweaterboots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bean Boots are probably my favorite shoe for the winter. ... bootsocks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. How do i know What color is Gulf Tide?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Am very much like black shoes with white dress.If you need 2017 new design black color shoes just go here and pick any for you.I have many style shoes like black color,pink color and am use this massing ....my dress

    ReplyDelete