July 18, 2014

Navy and White// Collab with Monogrammed Madison

Today Madison from monogrammedmadison and I are doing a collab styling our favorite navy and white outfits for the summer. Although I do really love all of the bright and fun summer colors, the classic navy and white combination is my favorite in the summer. No joke, literally half of my closet consists of navy and white; it is so simple, stylish, and sophisticated. Forget what everyone tells you about the "little black dress" because navy is the new black! It's one of the those colors that looks good on everyone, isn't confined to a single season, and will match almost anything you own! When I saw this anchor shirt at J. Crew Factory a few months back I new that it needed to be mine for it would look adorable with white jeans or shorts. 

The Boston skyline looks so pretty in this picture 

White jeans are such a summer essential, they are perfect for a chilly night out, they look great with almost anything and really compliment a tan! 

Shirt- J. Crew Factory  | Pants- True Religion (Old) similar | Necklace- J. Crew | Shoes- Jack Rogers

For the second look I wore my Lilly Pulitzer Eliza Dress with simple jewelry and my platinum Jack Rogers. I loved the original "Tusk in Sun" print from 2012 in pink and navy and was always annoyed that I didn't purchase the dress. When Lilly released the print again in navy and white I could not have been more thrilled! Madison is actually styling the shirt in her post, make sure to check it out! The Eliza dress is one of my favorite styles because you can really dress it up or down, I also have it in Jellies be Jammin' styled here


Dress- Lilly Pulitzer | Shoes- Jack Rogers | Monogrammed Necklace- Etsy | Bracelet- Local Jewelry Store


A little sneak peek at Madison's look, see her post here!


What are your favorite ways to style navy and white in the summer?

xoxo,
Catherine

Preppy by the Sea 



2 comments :

  1. So cute, navy is definitely better than black. I need to get some Jack Rogers in my life!

    xoxox
    messyhairxoxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I love the Eliza dress! I have a plain blue one & an Into the Garden Murfee scarf to match!

    Hope you have a great weekend :)

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete