May 23, 2016

The Homestretch

It's that time of year again, the weather is nice, the workload is light, and the seniors are about to leave. However, there are still a few more weeks of school. At this point I am so done with my classes which is really bad because I need to keep my grades up and finish the term on a high note. After practice, my friends and I have been going out to ice cream or getting coffee way more than we should. I have gotten home late so many times in the past two or three weeks and have been doing a lot of my homework in my study- please tell me I am not the only one with this problem right now! We have a little less than a month to go and I have been thinking about ways that I can power through the next few weeks, as after all we are in the homestretch. 

Balance // At the end of the school year, it's okay to embrace a little more free time and have fun with friends. However, it is important to maintain a healthy balance to avoid any academic mishaps at the end of the term when it really matters. I think that this is especially hard for juniors as it is the second to last term before applying to college, so there is a ton of pressure to do your best even after a long and grueling year. 

Get ahead // At my school we have a ton of events quickly approaching between sports banquets and awards night. So, look ahead at your schedule to help manage your time. I have always been a big fan of the monthly calendar in my agenda, it really helps me visualize what is coming up and how I can get ahead. If you know there are certain nights where you are going to be insanely busy, work on long term assignments over the weekend or on light homework nights. 

Busy weekends // I don't know if this is just me but school weeks always seem to feel longer and longer as the year progresses. Having a really fun and busy weekend to look forward to throughout the week is a great motivator. Now that it is nice out, plan a day trip with friends, or a dinner to catch up. Also, try to wake up earlier on the weekends, it will make you feel so much more productive and way less tired at school during the week! 

xoxo,
Catherine

Preppy by the Sea

No comments :

Post a Comment