December 30, 2013

Fair Isle Fun

 One of my favorite prints this year has been fair isle so, I was so excited to receive this Vineyard Vines sweater for Christmas! Our last post was about 2013 "Preppy Trends" and I have definitely been obsessed with mixing patterns. Last year I would have never paired gingham, polka dots and faire isle together but, now I think it looks so cute! I hope everyone enjoys the last days of 2013! 


This view is so breath taking, definitely a great place to take blog pictures! 

Colored cords are definitely one of my winter favorites and these hot pink ones make a great statement! 


My monogrammed necklace has definitely been a recent favorite and I would say it was a great investment! 
Last year for Christmas I got Bean Boots and completely fell in love with them so, this year for my birthday I asked for duck shoes from L.L. Bean. These shoes are so practical for crummy weather and they are super easy to slide on and off. The only thing that I was unhappy with was the sizing. I normally wear a size 8.5 (my bean boots are a size 8) so, I ordered an 8 in the duck shoes as well. When I opened the box on my birthday and tried the shoes on they were HUGE so, I had to return them for a size 7. If you are thinking about ordering these make sure to go a full size to a size and a half down, otherwise the shoes are great! 


xoxo,
Preppy by the Sea 

What I Wore
Shirt- J. Crew Factory (Sold Out) Similar at Vineyard Vines
Shoes-L.L. Bean
Monogrammed Necklace-Monogramonline.com
Bow Bracelet-Kiel James Patrick
Earrings-Kate Spade
Socks-J. Crew




No comments :

Post a Comment