April 29, 2016

Friday Favorites

TGIF amiright!? I don't want to be a total debbie downer but this week was by far and away the worst week of junior year. The first week back from spring break combined with multiple tests, AP exams just around the corner, and pre prom stress are never a good combination. Needless to say I am so excited that it is finally the weekend and have the chance to relax a little bit. My weekend is pretty low key, I am helping out at my class car wash, babysitting, and going to a spinning class. 

One: Newport
Last weekend Julianna and I drove down to Newport for the day. We walked around Bellevue Avenue to admire the lavish mansions- if you are ever in the Rhode Island area they are a must see! Afterwards we went to lunch at 22 Bowen's and caught up after being away for a week. The day was topped off with shopping and ice cream, needless to say it was the perfect way to end the vacation.  

Two: Flowers
Because this week was not the best, I kind of embraced the treat yo self attitude and went to Trader Joe's to buy flowers. Throughout the winter we didn't really have flowers in our house and I missed the colors and sweet scents. Aside from peonies, hydrangeas are my favorite flower. They are a constant reminder of summer on Cape Cod, which will always brighten my day! 

Three: Cape Cod
This weekend my dad and I are going down to the Cape for the day and I could not be more excited! I  have missed our house and being by the beach all winter and am in desperate need to be back in my favorite spot. I am going down in hopes to find a summer job, so wish me luck! 

xoxo,
Catherine

Preppy by the Sea

No comments :

Post a Comment