September 11, 2017

Freshman Year Dorm









Happy Monday! I am so excited to finally be sharing my freshman year dorm tour. Before coming to school I was expecting to live in a shoebox and was pleasantly surprised by a much more spacious room when I arrived on move in day. I am living in the historic neighborhood at Elon University and our dorm was just renovated over the summer, so it is a bit nicer than some of the other dorms in the area. My roommate and I did not coordinate our bedding or a color scheme, however I think that the room looks very cohesive and super home-y. 

When living in a small space, organization is very key. I tried to keep in mind the practicality of pieces when I was decided what to purchase for my dorm. Having the 6 cube organizer (under $35!) to store our food, Tupperware, and dishes in has been an absolute life saver. The cubes maximize space that we would not have otherwise used above the micro-fridge and still looks cute. Additionally, I have found that having the 3 plastic drawers in my closet has provided me with the perfect amount of space for workout clothes, and fits perfectly in my closet. 

Room Details: sheets (so soft!) | duvet | elephant pillow | floral pillow | coordinates pillow (custom) 

xoxo,
Catherine

Preppy by the Sea 

4 comments :

  1. Love how your room turned out, Catherine! Your bedding and gallery wall are too cute!

    Renee | Gimme Glamour

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bedding. Your room looks like the perfect place to escape to after a long day of classes.

    http://www.goldclutter.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dorm room is so cute! I love your headboard!

    xoxo,
    Katie
    chicincarolina.blogspot.com 

    ReplyDelete