November 09, 2015

Three Recipes I Want to Try

Last night I made an apple crisp and it got me thinking about baking. There is nothing I love more than a warm kitchen during the fall and winter filled with the sweet smell of baked goods. With the holiday season quickly approaching, I am eager to try out some new recipes. I love my mom to death, but cooking is definitely not her strong suit, so I feel a little bit more motivated to cook up some yummy treats. Being a decent cook is one of those random things that I want to be good at, because is there anything better than delicious homemade food?! After browsing Pinterest and google for a bunch of recipes, here are three that really stood out to me. 

French toast is my breakfast of choice, so naturally a sandwich on french toast is one of my favorite things. Typically monte criscos are made with ham, which I am not the biggest fan of. So, when I found this recipe I was beyond excited! I love making sandwiches the day after Thanksgiving and I think that this would be a fun twist on the classic left over lunch! 

On Christmas morning, my mom usually makes cinnamon rolls, or sticky buns. I definitely have a sweet tooth and may or may not be addicted to coffee, so these pretty much sound like heaven! Also, you can go from prep to eating them in only one hour! 

Carrot cake is probably one of the more random cake flavors, however it's one of my favorites! This recipe has significantly less sugar and a Greek yogurt based frosting, so they much healthier than your typical carrot cake. They contain 74% of your daily Vitamin A, and without frosting would make a yummy breakfast!

Which recipe sounds the best to you?

xoxo,
Catherine

Preppy by the Sea

1 comment :

  1. These all sound so delicious, I may have to try one for myself!

    Kendal // Life With Kendal

    ReplyDelete