September 12, 2014

Trying to Transition

Every year I always find myself trying to figure out what to wear during the month of September, sometimes it is 90 degrees and sometimes there are super chilly mornings with nice afternoons. It really is such a transitional month, so today I am sharing how I transition outfits from summer to fall. Colored pants are a great piece for this time of year because they are fun and bold, still incorporating summer, yet orange is an iconic fall color. Next, I wore a simple white short sleeve tee shirt, if it was a cooler day I would opt for long sleeve- or add a cardigan. I paired the top with my favorite pom pom scarf from Old Navy, which has pinks, oranges and tans in it. The scarf is both fashionable and functional, as it does provide some warmth. To give the outfit a fall vibe I went with darker colored accessories. I wore my cat eye tortoise shell sunglasses, leather bow belt, leopard loafers and carried a leather tote bag. I think that the few darker accessories and the bright pants really pull together the perfect look for a summer to fall transition day. Another super simple transition outfit would be darker colored J. Crew chino shorts paired with a long sleeve button down or tee. 




I seriously cannot stop obsessing over the pom poms on this scarf!


I was at Target the other day picking up binders and notebooks for back to school shopping and came across this adorable faux leather bow belt for only $14! 

Leopard loafers are the perfect fall shoe and I absolutely love mine from C. Wonder. They are so comfortable! 

Shirt- J. Crew Factory | Pants- Lucky Brand | Scarf- Old Navy (not available online) similar | Bow Belt- Target | Bag- Old Navy (Sold Out) similar | Loafers- C. Wonder (Old) similar 

xoxo,
Catherine 

Preppy by the Sea 

1 comment :