September 02, 2014

First Day of School

As always, the Tuesday after Labor Day rolls around quickly and all of the sudden it's time to head back to school. I am not going to complain because I would consider myself (and Julianna) pretty lucky to go back in September, seeing as many schools head back in August! Obviously, I am never thrilled to get out of bed at 7 O'clock in the morning, but the first day of school is always somewhat fun. It's nice to see all the friends that you haven't seen since June due to busy summer schedules and meet all your new teachers. Today was of the hottest days of the summer (in the high 90's) and our school is not air conditioned, you can imagine what that was like- pretty sure I sweat more during school than at cross country practice... So with the heat, I tried to keep my outfit cute and simple- navy and white with a few pops of pink! 


  Pink, navy and white is my all time favorite color combination, plus I LOVE my Lilly Pulitzer bow belt that I score from the After Party Sale! 

Obviously it would not be back to school without my Lilly agenda, monograms and a fresh manicure :)
 shirt- Old Navy | shorts- J. Crew Factory | bow belt- Lilly Pulitzer | shoes- Jack Rogers | monogrammed necklace- Etsy | earrings- Hazel & Marie

What did you wear on your first day of school?

xoxo,
Catherine

Preppy by the Sea 

1 comment :

  1. Cute outfit! I can't believe your school isn't air conditioned, I feel for you! It must be awful. My school never had air-con either, then again it didn't exactly need it as it was in the UK, hah. Your pink belt is adorable, I love it!

    Joanne | www.fashion-oh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete