May 15, 2014

Thoughts For Thursday- Playing With Patterns

This year, I feel like styling patterns on patterns seems to be the trend and I actually really love it! Who says stripes and polka dots don't match? Forget the fashion rules we were all taught when we were little because this Spring it's time to play with patterns. A gingham button down shirt is one of my go-to items in my closet. In the winter they were perfect with a fair isle sweater and for the spring and summer they look adorable with Lilly shorts and striped skirts. In the Spring and Summer I definitely find myself wearing a lot more patterns and I am very excited to style them a little bit differently this year and get out of my comfort zone. 

Playing With Patterns

Outfit 1: pants | shirt | sandals | belt | earrings
Outfit 2: shirt | skirt | flats | necklace | bangle
Outfit 3: shirt | shorts | flats | necklace | watch

I made this Polyvore over a month ago so I apologize if any of the items are sold out!

What do you think about pattern mixing?

xoxo,
Catherine 

Preppy by the Sea


No comments :

Post a Comment