May 30, 2014

Wild About White

First of all, is it just me or has May flown by? I can not believe this weekend it will be June! Anyways, because Monday was Memorial Day, It is finally socially acceptable to wear white and I am thrilled! Massachusetts is not particularly warm in the spring, so I am a stickler for this fashion rule and do not wear my white jeans/shorts/dresses etc. before Memorial Day. What are your thoughts on this one? Here are a few of my favorite whites of the season. 


Shoes
White shoes are so practical for the Summer because they literally match everything. I have a pair of wedges very similar to the adorable C. Wonder ones pictured above and they look great with a simple navy dress or with a crazy Lilly Pulitzer Pattern. The eyelet detailing and ankle tie on this pair is definitely swoon worthy :) On a more practical level, I am loving the all white Jack Rogers!

Dress
Another Summer staple is a white dress, see our post from last summer, A Summer Night in Our Favorite Whites here! If you are looking for a graduation dress I love this Lilly one and the gold detailing makes it so unique. 

Bottoms 
White jeans are the make the perfect outfit on a chilly night or to a casual summer party. Last summer I found the perfect pair from True Religion on sale at Nordstrom Rack, I also love the way the J. Crew tooth pick pants fit. J. Crew's chino shorts are my all time favorite, I suggest purchasing the 3 or 4" ones from J. Crew not the Factory because they are thicker and better quality. I never order white bottoms online, I think you need to try them on to make sure that they are not see through. 

Shirts 
Although white shirts are not limited to just summertime, I thought I would include them. White shirts are prefect to pair with pattern shorts and skirts. I am absolutely obsessed with the scalloped oxford from Kiel James Patrick, it is a little bit more fun than a plain white shirt.

Baseball Hat 
I purchased a baseball hat last year from Marley Lilly with a navy monogram and it goes with everything. I love wearing mine to the beach, golfing and running. 

What are your favorite summer whites?

xoxo,
Catherine 

Preppy by the Sea



No comments :

Post a Comment