February 22, 2016

Colorado Recap






On Thursday I made the trek from Vermont to Colorado for a long weekend with my two best friends from camp. One of my goals for Preppy by the Sea is to give you a glimpse into my non-blogging life, so I thought I would share a little bit about my trip! My friend Mary Clare who flew in from D.C. and I arrived in Denver around 9 on Thursday night and then went to Chick-fil-a. Fun fact, I am a chick-fil-a fanatic but we don't have them in Massachusetts, so naturally this was our first stop. Needless to say I was quite content with my chicken nuggets, fries, and milkshake #noregrets.

On Friday morning we woke up early and headed to Vail for two days. We were so lucky to have incredible weather.. I may or may not have even gotten a sun burn. The back bowls were seriously so incredible and the conditions were a nice change from cold and icy Vermont. I felt like I was in Europe wondering through Vail Village, the buildings are all so intricate.

We started off our last day devouring berry and nutella crepes at an adorable restaurant in Denver. After Emily gave us the tour of the city, we went to University of Denver and walked around. Although I don't think I want to go to school in Colorado, the campus was gorgeous and I would definitely recommend checking it out! Finally, we went to Red Rocks. The huge rocks, and views of the mountains and Denver skyline are breathtaking. I went to a concert here the last time I visited, but going during the day to look at the views, or workout (if you are able to brave the altitude) is such a great experience. Skiing was definitely the highlight of the trip, however just driving around with my friends laughing and belting out all of our favorite songs was a very close second. I am so happy that we were able to squeeze in a quick trip together and catch up during this crazy year!

xoxo,
Catherine

Preppy by the Sea

P.S. Thanks MC and Em for helping me cross off #67 on my 101 in 1001 days list :)

1 comment :