June 14, 2017

Book Review: Gone Girl


Though there are many things that I am excited about for this summer, I am happy to finally have time to read. For the first time in years I do not have any summer assignments that I need to complete before heading back to school, so over the next few months I can read all the books that I did not previously have the time to start. I am extremely behind the eight ball with this one, but right when school got out, I read Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. The thriller captivated readers everywhere a few years ago, and then gained more attention with the release of the movie featuring Ben Affleck. I never saw the movie as I wanted to read the book first, and now I have finally gotten around to both. Gone Girl is 100% worth the hype, I could not put it down and ended up reading the entire thing in 3 days.  

Flynn's novel follows a couple, Nick and Amy Dunne who have been married for five years. The two uprooted their privileged lives in New York City and moved to Missouri to be with Nick's dying father. Every year, Amy organizes a scavenger hunt for Nick on their anniversary, however this year's a quite different as Amy disappears. Their home is staged as a crime scene, leaving Nick is a complicated and incriminating situation with only a set of clues to guide him. The modern psychological thriller is extremely dark and twisted and will leave you with chills up your spine. If you have yet to read Gone Girl, I highly recommend adding it to your summer reading list. 

xoxo,
Catherine

Preppy by the Sea

No comments :

Post a Comment