June 04, 2015

Hang in There!

If your school is like ours and you don't get out for another couple weeks, then you are most likely sitting here in the same boat. I have never been this anxious for summer. Yes, every year people start to check out once the warm weather rolls around and the hallways practically turn into the walking dead each morning, but this year is different. I'm not really sure why, maybe it is because we had an obnoxious amount of snow days and what felt like a never ending winter, or the fact that this past semester has been the hardest of the year, but I know June will drag out forever.

On a more positive note, it is important to stay strong for the rest of the school year. There are only a few weeks left, but they can really make or break your grades. If you are a visual person, start a countdown. This way every day you can see that you are just one day closer to the care free and relaxing days of summer. At our school, we learn new material up until the second to last week of school, then start review, and finally the last few days are everyone's favorite thing, finals. As the school year comes to an end, think about the long term effects of everything. If you study that extra hour for your last test, put some serious effort into study guides for exams, or kill it on a project, you will thank yourself for the little GPA boost at the end of the year or maybe even get that B+ up to an A-! I know this post was kind of random and just me rambling, but school has really been on my mind for the past couple days and I thought I would share my thoughts about this final stretch. And, happy summer to any of you lucky ones that are already on break :)

xoxo,
Catherine 

Preppy by the Sea 

2 comments :

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a sweet post! I'm on summer vacation now but really could've used this during the school year:)

    Emma
    emmaandandie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete