April 27, 2017

Carry On to Beach Bag

Although I have learned countless important lessons from my dad, one of the more useful things he has taught me is how to be a light packer when it comes to flying. If we are going anywhere in a car I am the definition of an overpacker, however the moment a plane becomes part of a travel plan you can bet your bottom dollar I will not be checking a bag. My dad travels all the time for work and is constantly on and off of planes, so he has no time to tolerate waiting at baggage claim or dealing with lost luggage. Like him, I am not the most patient person you will ever meet and thus I have learned to love carry ons. Really though, if I could pack for two weeks in Europe with a carry on suitcase and a tote bag, anything is possible. 

Now onto the actual topic of this post, transitioning your carryon tote to a beach bag. With summer just around the corner I am sure a lot of people have plans to go to the beach. Even if you live on the water, these tips could easily work if you plan on having your beach bag double as an over night bag. It is silly to bring two totes with you when flying, so I highly suggest bringing a durable tote that can quickly turn into your beach bag once you arrive at your destination (the L.L. Bean Boat & Tote is my favorite). If you feel as though you will need something in addition to your wallet once you arrive, pack a small cross body bag in your suitcase and you will be all set. When I camp out at the beach for the day, my essentials are fairly similar to those things I would want with me on a flight: a good book, head phones, and portable charger, water, etc. When you arrive at the beach, swap out your laptop and passport for a beach towel and some sunscreen and you're ready to go! I promise this easy packing tip will help you pack lighter and make your traveling experiences painless!

xoxo,
Catherine

Preppy by the Sea 

No comments :

Post a Comment