June 19, 2014

Lime and the Polka Dots

Long time no post, yesterday we had our last finals and it is officially SUMMER!  As you may have noticed, I love adding a pop of color to my summer outfits! Recently, I was at J. Crew and found these lime green chino shorts on sale for $17 and knew that they were the perfect piece to add to my wardrobe! J. Crew also made a paper bag skirt in the same color which is an adorable summer staple. Sometimes I find that it can be difficult to pair neons with a lot of my clothes, but I have found that navy and white basically solves that problem. This shirt is white with black polk dots and the ruffle detail on the collar is super unique! In the fall or winter, it would also be perfect for layering with a sweater.


What girl doesn't love peonies!? 

I kept the jewelry pretty simple in this outfit... I'm just wearing my silver signet ring that I wear everyday!

        
Always add a pop of pink :)

shorts- J. Crew | shirt- J. Crew Factory (Sold Out) similar  | sandals- Jack Rogers

xoxo,
Catherine 

Preppy by the Sea


4 comments :

  1. Adorable as usual!
    xx-
    Cathleen
    www.classycathleen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog and love it! :)
    http://pacific-prep.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too! What a cute blog, I'm jealous (: Going to be adding more fashion-preppy style posts to my blog as well! I'd love to keep in touch ~Valerie

    http://happy-diaries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete