January 19, 2018

Apple Watch Review

Since coming to college, I have seen so many people with Apple watches. At home a few people had them, but by no means were they on my radar. I mentioned that I thought they were really cool to my dad over one of my breaks, but did not indicate that I wanted one. If you know me, you know I absolutely hate surprises, to the point where I usually know what I am getting for Christmas. So, you can imagine how surprised I was when I opening up my Apple watch on Christmas morning. My dad went out and bought it for me--without telling my mom, and pulled off quite the surprise! 

Over the past three weeks, I have gotten the hang of using the watch and am now completely obsessed! I have the 3 series with cellular so it is really great for running as I no longer have to bring my phone with me and can listen to music and track my workouts. Also, the day I got back to school my phone crashed and long story short I lost everything and was without a phone for a week. I honestly don't know how I would have survived that week without my watch; I was able to call my parents and Apple support on it, receive my texts and email, and still have my music for working out. 

Although there are a ton of awesome features on the watch, I find myself gravitating towards the workout apps. At Elon we have j-term, so we take one class every day for 3 hours January 3rd-January 23rd. With lots of free time before and after class, my goal going into j-term was to try and work out every day. So far, with five days left of the term, I have been successful and I think that the watch has been a big motivating factor. The activity app has three rings, workout, move (active calories burned), and stand (hours you spend standing). Completing my rings motivates me to stay active and get my workouts in everyday. Before I had my watch I would track all my runs on the Nike running app, but now I can track everything from an ab workout, to barre, to spinning, and see my heart rate and calories burned. 

Overall, I would recommend the Apple watch, especially to anyone who is on the move all the time. The price tag is not cheap, however when you consider all of its capabilities, and the fact that it can take the place of a traditional watch (which would likely be more expensive), I think that it is definitely worth it! Do you have an Apple watch? What are your thoughts on it?

xoxo,
Catherine

Preppy by the Sea 

1 comment :

  1. URA Devices company making next-gen wearables with bioimpedance tech as a core to provide better fitness performance and health level assessment aura strap for apple watch

    ReplyDelete